Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son currently plays on a "B" level team. Would love for him to play on one of the netter teams (i.e. Bandits, Badgers, Igloo), but, skill level aside, is it unrealistic to think he might have a shot at making one of those teams? In other words, are these teams basically set and only looking to take on kids that are significantly better than the kids already on the team?
Listen I'm going to be honest with you......the teams you just mentioned, if you say your son is a fairly new player and a B level player right now, then playing for any of those teams would only frustrate you watching him get little or no playing time or worst off frustrate him and drive him away from the game. I will say one thing though, I know 91(which is the bandits) has And C level teams as well as the outlaws. I'd inquire on their websites about their B teams. be honest with them let them know the boy is a player right now. they won't turn him or your $2,500 away. they'll assign him to the appropriate team where he'll get plenty of playing time. do not let the bandits coach get a hold of him. He's the ny lizards coach....And the same guy that coaches that older 91 crush team that played in the national championship game in Denver and up 19-6 there were kids who never got on the field. He won't tuner your $2,500 away either and your kid will go to a place like Denver and you'll go to and he'll never play. neither of u would like that. so for now get your kid on a good B team with some good coaches and let him develop. And when you're confident he's ready for A bracket lacrosse then you can have him try out for those teams. don't let the names of these organizations and the t shirts bumper stickers and war stories sell u. at the end of the day your kid learning the game and his playing time is ultimately paramount. hope I was helpful. have a great weekend.