Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I watched most of the game in question; the Outlaws coach was out of control on the sideline. 3/4 kids are learning the game and really don't need a non stop diatribe to play. We as coaches get emotional on the sideline but to demand 3/4 kids physically pound opponents is way over the line. They should be concerned with foot work and positioning, not physically intimidating opponents.

It really is sad to watch the sport devolve and I hope the parents respond to any coach who behaves this way. Teach the kids fundamentals and be positive.

You watched most of the game in question? Just happen to be in Conneticut to watch the finals? I find it hard to believe parents from the other teams in New Jersey, Conneticut and New Hampshire are on this site. This discussion clearly has been taken over by parents who don't like the Outlaws and are jumping on the oppurtunity to bash the program with false and mis-leading arguments. This whole discussion is a huge non-event. It was started by a concerned express parent that never played travel lacrosse and greatly exaggerated what happened. The coaches were fantastic on both sides. Both teams played exceptional as evident by the game going into overtime. No players were getting hit hard and their were not redemption hits. it always amazes me how after a team wins a game we have to go through the same BS; coaches are beligerent, players are dirty and my favorite they played with kids playing down a year or two. I guess you missed all the good lacrosse played when you had to leave to scout your next game.

Yes, I watched the game in question. I coach another team that was attending the tournament. Please stop describing the Outlaws coach as asking his players to "play physical" I was raised on Strong Island and played my college ball in Maryland in the 80's. The game is physical, but we as coaches should not demand that our players "physically pound' opposing players. I was frankly embarrassed by a fellow LIer's behavior and you sir and compounding the issue by defending his actions and attacking those calling out his unacceptable behavior. The outcome of the game is a nonissue, the coaches behavior is absolutely out of line.