Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
[quote=Anonymous]Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Who gets the most hate on this thread?
Bandits and their coach
Badgers and their coach

If everyone else concentrated on getting their own kids better maybe then your son and his team could compete with the above teams.
There is a reason why hundreds go to 91 and express tryouts and other clubs are begging on this site for people to join them mid spring.

100's go to your tryouts, yet you only take 2-3 kids for your A team and you try to field a B team with the next 20 kids. Then, these 20 kids decide to play somewhere else, and the team 2 coaches scramble to get last years kids back. Whomever is jealous of that has issues.

These are 9-10 year old kids. The A team model probably is not great for these boys and their developing bodies. Ten year old skeletons aren't built to practice 3-4 times a week and then play 3 games on Sat and Sun. Their bones are still soft. Growth plates get injured. Joints get sprained. And, then you'll have a kid with a chronic condition.

If you cut my kid in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and I keep coming back then I have a problem. I know that even if my kid is the next Paul Rabil and crushes it at tryouts, he may not make it. The A team game has become more about politics then ability -- especially on LI.

My kid will get better. I will make sure he studies harder then yours. My B kid has fun playing lacrosse. I do wish he was playing on an elite level team, but 9/10 year old kids just want to have fun.

So, there are two 2023 AA teams on Long Island (HB & Bandits) and one or two legit A teams (Igloo and Empire). That adds up to 85-90 kids in total. If teams only take 3-4 new kids every year, then that means there are only 12-15 spots available in the fall. Slim pickings.

This is the story. Come September, my kid is going to bring it. He will bust his hump and get as many groundballs as he can. He will try to put as many as he can in the back of the net and play tenacious D. I know the deal though. The illusion of playing for the big boys will always be there, but I have taught him otherwise. Right now, skill does count, but it isn't the only factor. This is the problem with the Club scene.

Paul Rabil didn't pick up a lacrosse stick till he was

EXACTLY!!!!!!!