Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure, but whoever wrote this, it doesn't seem to apply to Icon 2023. We're not really getting beat, nor do we have a "PB" that I am aware of. I think someone responded about a different club or team. Unless there's more insight.?.?.?

I am a newbie to lax. My son is on a 2023 team that has played in the B bracket. Icon 2023 has been cleaning up in this division. I am curious how this team would do in the A bracket?

Either get beat up by bandits/badgers in the semis or win the B bracket, I believe it's their first year so coaches may have a plan to build some confidence with the team. Looked like they and Express 2 would have had another battle today if games weren't cancelled.

No, it's not our first year. We're getting beat. I'd much rather have PB admit that we are a natural "B" team than some pipe dream "A" club. We're gonna keep losing players.

I responded before maybe it was misconstrued, I meant to say something more like Bandits and Badgers are in their own class and nobody is arguing that (and Bandits even in their own class above Badgers). Icon, Legacy, Igloo, 91 Warriors, Express 2, Outlaws and some others (E3, not sure who they are but I saw with a pretty solid team) I have all seen play and look as if they are all about the same level. None of them would beat the mighty bandits/badgers but they all would most likely play pretty close games with eachother. It would be nice to see a tournament with all these teams in the same group. Also mix in some town teams that are very good at this age like Massapequa, Smithtown, 3 Village and Manhasset, overall I think there are a lot of good teams with good coaches in this age group very deep field of teams.

Not sure what the other guy was talking about Icon has done very well this year, maybe they thought I was talking about Express 2? If they did I was not trying to knock them either looking at their scores on tourneymachine from the last few weeks and it looks like their a legitimate team and beat a number of "A" teams. Rare at this age to see very good B level teams like 91 & Express have, testament to the coaches and the kids to their work throughout the year.