O
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Ok first it's who are... Not who is -obviously you know about this site and the teams on here, so please just stop trying to stir something up. Go back under your rock.x2zryb

Wrong, wordsmith. The Outlaws a a team, singular.
You must be one of the LI trash screaming like a complete
moron on the sidelines today. You idiots deserve the coach
who is instructing your boys.

I'm posting because my 4th grader is playing summer lacrosse
for the very first time and the behavior was completely
unacceptable and simply should not be tolerated.

I'm not blaming the kids, they are being guided by a lunatic
coach and supported by intolerable parents. Just my observation.

Welcome to lacrosse. First lacrosse is a high intensity sport, get use to the excitement. If you can not, better you fold up your tent now. The coach was yelling "play physical" not do physical harm. Playing physical is part of the sport. Since its your first tournament you will understand by the end of the summer. There were no parents acting disrespectful on the sidelines. In no way was anyone bashing a player. They did get upset with the ref when they took 2 minutes after every penalty to decide what to do, not the penalty itself. The fact is you lost in the finals against them. We all see you cought on rather quickly to one aspect of travel lacrosse. To come on here and bash the winning, parents and coaches. It was a great game and the only thing bad that happened is a sore loser came on here. Parentd from both teams were vocal and engaged into the game. This is what makes the sport exciting to watch. Enjoy your first season on the team, hopefully you will do the right thing and decide if lacrosse is for you. Sorry I mean I hope your son will decide. Please don't respond with my grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes. I didn't do very good in school living in my trailer park with my white trash family.

My son plays on the Express North team. The LI Outlaws coach was not encouraging his players to "play physical", he was screaming at the top of his lungs "physically pound them". A 3/4 coach should not, IMO, demand his players to "physically pound" other kids. Is that lacrosse or street thuggery? The Outlaw players were playing great, they didn't need to be intimated by their coach to harm their oppponents. I believe despicable was used to describe his behavior and I have to agree.

The coach was most definitely yelling "physically pound them". Who is the 2023 LI Outlaw coach? [/quote

Sounds like sour grapes - one team won the game and the other team lost.

These are 4th graders, does anyone REALLY care who won and who lost? Please don't deflect, the coach was out of line and out of control. When opposing players fear a coach, there is a big problem. A coach imploring his 4th graders to "physically pound" opponents is indefensible.

The behavior should not be permitted by the parents of the kids he is coaching.

Ok coach thanks for your input- game is long over- [lacrosse] far as players fearing a opposing coach ? Are you really going there - your team lost that's just fine, the game could have gone either way move on . practice practice and practice some more . Good luck at your next tournament hope no one yells to loud.