Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your right. My son's team did lose to them. And why should they get robbed of a victory becuase they played fairly? We all know that at this age one or two kids can make a big difference especially if their good enough to be playing up. I'm sorry for thinking that a kid playing on a fifth grade team was a fifth grader but he still was brought in to win. How can that be ok?

Our town has played them before and I saw them at Elwood. They had to be missing at least 3 or 4 of their normal players. The coach even said the tournament had him in the wrong bracket, but it worked out because he didn't have enough to run with some of the other towns. He even said he had to bring up a 3rd grader and grab a player who is friends with some of the boys. He said he spoke to the tournament first and got the Ok or he would of had to drop out of the tournament last minute.
They had one of their kids that scored 4 or 5 goals on us playing goalie in the game I saw. The coaches are good guys and they make sure the kids are having fun.
A kid playing on a fifth grade team because they are light on numbers doesn't mean he is an all star. It just means that they need a body.