Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn't SS Thunder a travel team? Why were they even at Elwood? Shame on the tournament organizers. They should have known that.

2023 travel, weren't at Elwood
2024/25 100% Bellmore PAL team...played Elwood

Get your facts straight

2023 is travel, with Igloo and Honey Badgers thrown in if there are no conflicts. Greenwich Warriors played Elwood and they're a travel team. That's OK, though? Trust me, I know that Huntington had ringers play for them, Plainedge had ringers play for them and Happaugue had an extra. You can't trust anyone. I don't understand it and never will. How can you take pride in a win (or loss, as most of the teams mentioned did) if you're bringing in kids that you didn't coach and sitting kids that you did? If nothing else, those coaches are teaching the kids at a very early age that it's ok to win at any cost. It's shameful.

As the coach of the Plainedge team, I'll take the "ringer" comment as a compliment! We have several boys that are developing in to great lacrosse players and great young men! All of the boys except for one that played this past weekend has been coached by me since K or 1st grade! We asked one player to come and play for us because we had several boys back out at the last minute to go to soccer Cup games. The guest player was there to let my regular players get a breather when needed and was not even one of my top players on the field. We played 3 games with only 3 subs and the championship game with just 1 sub against Greenwich that combined their two teams for the game. The boys played very well this past weekend and they work very hard in practice to get their skills better each week! I even called the tournament directors and asked if I could bring a guest player as we had been in danger of not being able to field a complete team at one point. They told me no problem, I could of grabbed a ringer, but I didn't, I grabbed a player that a couple of our kids are friends with and asked if he could help out.

Oh yeah, by the way that guest player is a 3rd grader from Plainedge!

"Anonymous" check your facts before you throw out BS and take away from the hard work of 8,9, and 10 year olds. I coach kids so they can grow on and off the field. My self and my assistant coaches take great pride in how we coach our boys and the growth they have shown. We have a great group of boys that enjoy playing together and we play throughout the year in winter leagues and play as many tournaments as our schedules allow.

We actually don't subscribe to that win at all costs mentality, as last year I pulled our team off the field in a championship game because the game was getting out of control, with the other team taking cheap shots at players off ball and the ref had lost control of the game!

Thanks