This weeks game summary.

Common things noticed this weekend. There have been less shot clock issues. Teams seem to be adjusting. The play is much more physical. The lacrosse IQ game is lagging behind the speed and physical play. Coaching IQ is hit or miss and those coaches that have it manage games much better. Teams that use players in key roles are better off than using players as “Heros”. The top 5 teams are closer than ever.

How would team 91 or Predators do if AAA this year? Would they dominate or just be in the mix?

Elite

Legends v. Team 91. Legends
As expected Legends won. Legends has a tough group of kids that grind through many situations. The biggest set back that I noticed from game to game was the inconsistency in game play and tempo. As seen in the game with 91. A few times 91 came down and scored back to back goals with limited adjustment with the defense. Legends eventually shut that down to put the game in their hands for a win. 91 won more face offs than expected leading to goals. Hopefully the caching picks up on this and uses it to their advantage. 91’s defense struggled with legends movement of ball and the strength they bring with size and scoring ability. It’s apparent that 91 uses their stronger players to push through situations through out the game with limited support from other players. Maybe 91 needs to develop and incorporate more of there support players in the rotation to build confidence in their play. There were “glimpses” of good lacrosse which were out weighed by the speed and strength of elite level lacrosse. Legends gets better from week to week, with them being able to finish off games. Legends needs to focus on limiting the small mistakes that lead to larger turnover outcomes. This is something that will be corrected and is apparent with of field coaching.

Madlax v. Hawks
Didn’t see this game but would love to watch a video of it. Two of the best teams around. As expected a one goal game. Could have gone either way

FCA v. Next Level, Next Level.
So another loss for FCA. I was hoping for FCA to win this one. I wanted to see how the team dealt with adversity. In the first half it was back and forth with FCA setting the tone and tempo of the game. FCA looked as though they were getting back to the level of previous seasons. Fast ball movement, consistent outcomes off face-offs, and limited mistakes kept them in the game. This also included getting all players on the field involved. FCA limited their shot clock issues and in return got a good first half. Next Level came to play, however seemed a step behind FCA always playing a slight game of catch up. Next Level struggled in the mid-field with FCA winning the ball. So the second half was a different story. Next Level adjusted the game play to suit their style - deliberate, simple, and focused. These adjustments seemed to throw FCA off, causing the defense to lose sight of players cutting, setting picks, and off ball movement. There were many times when the defense was looking around as to where they should be and who they should cover causing their teammates to try to compensate for the lack of slides. Defensively FCA lost many ground balls on their side of the field. Offensively FCA, relied on their key players to make things happen. Relying on these players so heavily in the second half limited the production and success that they brought in the first half. Frustration in players was apparent on the field from week to week possible cause for low moral. NL used their strengths to their success while using FCA’s lack of discipline at times to their advantage. NL is a good team, but not quite a great team yet. This match up should have gone in another direction with an FCA win. They have the talent to succeed. One win since the fall is very uncharacteristic. I know it sounds repetitive, but how will FCA respond when the chips are down, both in player resilience and coaching adjustments. Next Level will play a solid game next week and should be able to handle 91 with relative ease.

True Chesapeake v. Predators -
The score was much closer than I would expected. Does true play down to the level of the team they are playing. I have not been overly impressed with the team. While they are very good there is still a lack of complete dominance. The goal production is low with an average of 8 goals per game especially against weaker teams.

Next Weeks Predictions
Predators v FCA - FCA +5 Spoiler Game
TC v Hawks - Hawks +3
Madlax v Legends - Madlax +1
Team 91 v Next Level - Next Level +10

AAA

This week had a lot of close games with low numbers in goals. How would team 91 or Predators do if AAA?

Pro Start v. NOVA - NOVA is putting up goals through out the season while this game was close the goal production is consistent from week to week. Are NOVA the team to beat. Is Prostart able to pig up steam and begin producing.

Bethesda Blue v. Carroll Manor - Game played out as I thought. Carroll Manor was able to limit the goals to win another game. CM will have to increase goal production to continue to win .
Shore Kaos v. HoCo - Hoco - Not Played Yet

Annapolis Hawks v. Team Maryland - Well This was a close one with TM possibly squeeking this one out. Team Maryland has the goal production to have won this game.

Next Weeks Predictions
Hawks v. HoCo - Hawks +3
Shore Kaos v. Carroll Manor - Carroll Manor +3
Prostart v. Team MD - Team MD +2 Spoiler Game
True NOVA - Bethesda Blue - NOVA +3