Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure “why”. But do know one of their better players left mid season. And the word is that it was a falling out with parent and coach. But that’s all hearsay. But I will say that it takes a lot to completely wipe out a grade class from one of the blue bloods of maryland club lax. So something went sideways

From the horse's mouth:

29 Crabs: Lot of unsatisfied parents last summer after too many "guest players" showing up at tourneys while rostered players just standing on sideline. Then at tryouts, about 25% (?????) of last year's roster is cut (unheard of in club culture at that age). 24 kids invited to play this year. Parents got together on a call and decided they would all bolt. Something like 8 or 9 kids ended up accepting. Coaches fired, team folded. I'm sure they will pull a "91 Swarm" maneuver next fall (the 2028 Swarm coach was asked to bring his coaching and his top 10 kids to Team 91 2028), but for now there's no Crabs 2029. Team indeed split between FCA and 91. Would be surprised if any went to True, but can't verify.

29 Breakers: I understand this was always a 2028/29/30 team. The better half of the 2028s bailed mid-year for playing opportunities with the True MD state team, Kyle Harrison's Team 3234982349823 or whatever, and FCA White. Two head coaching changes in the last 10 months, which led to a ghost town at tryouts, and the 2029 kids (the ones who could play) moving on to AA/AAA level stuff like HoCo Pink, Predator, FCA, and Team 91. Not sure what their supposed expert sports management ownership (in CT) is doing for Breakers but apparently it's not working. Breakers went from decent 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2026 teams to......not so much. Honestly wonder if that club is done. It may be older than Crabs.