Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks that way. It’s a great example of what holdbacks do to a team. Lack of development for most of the kids as they sat around and watched other players (who are t there anymore) do all the work in practices and games. Now tell me holdbacks don’t make a difference.
So the coach doesn't develop his players and it's the kid's fault? Interesting take.

No, just helps the ones they believe will help win. Now you have what you have. Injuries are part of sports and life. Again, tell me holdbacks don’t make a difference.

Skilled players make a difference. Whether they are born a few months earlier than another kid is irrelevant. None of the scary holdbacks at this age group are "years" older. Sure there are some kids who hit puberty sooner, or have giants somewhere in their lineage. Are you also suggesting we separate by weight classes?

As the poster above alluded, there are those coaches (and parents) who only care about optics and winning at all costs, and then there are those who recognize the benefit of teamwork and training. Obviously you are in the former group, unable to see past the forest for the trees.

The fca tree hugging moms are funny. Fca stunk for years, added a couple older “skilled” kids and suddenly improved. Lost a couple kids and [Censored] again. All teams have injuries, next man up. Again, tell me holdbacks don’t make a difference.FCA is a prime example. Football has age/weight classes to protect kids, travel soccer is age/card verified before every game, and lacrosse is finally seeing past the forest into fca demise. You need to recruit harder then the other surrounding clubs, because development isn’t going to happen

Sounds like you are [Censored] hurt because your kid couldn't make the FCA squad. Sorry to break it to you but little Johnny being the big man on the Laytonsville Hippos does mean he's good enough to make an elite team. I know this is giving you flashbacks of your own failure athletically but you really should try not to transfer your own inadequacies onto your kid.

FCA will be quite fine. Losing one player is not the end of the world.

You, on the other hand, will still be left raging at all the injustices that have kept Johnny from the success that you/he crave.