Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s not a team event. That’s the difference. Totally different format.

Our sport is so lost. BS national teams and “me” moments teaching kids that it’s all about them.

Keep on turning a blind eye, I’m sure your one of those guys dropping thousands a year on making sure little Johnny feels like he’s the best of the best Becuase he made some special team too.

Good talk.

Wow Dude, seems like you got some issues you need to work on. I didn't attack you personally, I just was just genuinely curious what your problems with the tournament were. Yet you think you have to attack me for some strange reason. Neither of my boys played at the last one, but I know people that did and they all had decent things to say about it.

You do raise a valid point that this format is not a pure "team event". Based on what i heard it was mostly paired down club teams, with a few groups of friends that decided to put a team together on their own. I can see your point, it's not the same as the other tournaments that I mentioned. But, my view is that any time the boys can get on the field or floor, compete and have some fun is good day for lacrosse.

That said, I'm gonna guess you have some personal issue with the event organizer and/or you are one of those guys that peaked in High School and is now old and bitter because things aren't like the "good old days".

Or maybe you are one of those Box purists that cries like a baby if, God forbid, some other format that kinda looks like Box, pops up. For the record both of my Son's have been playing on box teams for years. They love it and have become better field players because of it.

And nope, they don't play on any special teams. They play for one outdoor club team year round, a box club in the winter and maybe attend one camp in the summer. Nice try though.