BIG WIN for the HAWKS this past weekend. Analysis after 4 weeks of Elite and AAA Divisions:

ELITE DIVISION

Front Runner: Hawks....they got it done once again 6-3 over Madlax. Didn’t get a chance to watch or hear about the game, but have to give them the clear top spot overall. What the Hawks secret sauce? Are they the top 2029 team in the country?

Middle Pack Tier 1: Madlax and Bethesda – Will be interesting to see how Bethesda responds to playing Annapolis. They had a lighter schedule on the front end, so they may be dropping some more. Madlax is a talented team, just wasn’t good enough to get it done this past weekend. Looking forward to seeing a rematch hopefully in the Championship Game.
Middle Pack Tier 2: Next Level, True Annapolis, VLC – Should be interesting to see these guys battle each other over the next few weeks. I have a feeling Next Level will rise to the top. Challenging schedule ahead for VLC (It’s about to get real!). Thought True would be better so far, maybe True is overtraining these 2029s?
Bottom Feeder: LTLC and Team 91 – LTLC has some talent, but this ain’t Rec – Club competition anymore. Welcome to the big leagues, but I admire them for playing Elite. They have some talent though and will be interesting to see if they can keep the band together. Team 91….aye aye aye…..just feel bad for this crew and culture (2029’s 0-4, 2030’s 0-5) and continuing to have supplemental tryouts during the season…..come on Millon.

AAA DIVISION
Front Runners: FCA – Haven’t seem them play, but looks like they are ready to join Elite next year from looking at their scores / schedule. Will the shiny Orange Chrome MDLax look as shiny next year playing with the big boys and better competion?

Middle Pack: HOCO, Carroll Manor, Wolfpack, Team Maryland – HOCO and Wolfpack continue to battle and improve each week. Team Maryland looked good when I saw them play, but not sure what happened when they played FCA?? (Maybe missing some guys to spring break hopefully) Carroll Manor…great group of kids….have you ever heard a coach yell so much at 5th graders? Come on …..Seriously, could never let my son play for that group.

Bottom Feeder: Team Money, True KP, and VLC – All three continue to fight, but are just overmatched. A couple skilled players here and there, but not enough all-around depth to compete.

Closing Thoughts / Predictions............
1. Elite Final Four: Hawks, Madlax, Bethesda, Next Level. The same elite four….Hawks vs. Madlax in the championship. Overtime thriller…..Madlax prevails.

2. AAA Final Four: FCA, Team Maryland, HOCO, and Wolfpack. FCA vs. Team Maryland in the championship, and HOCO pulls off the upset of FCA in the finals.
3. Will be interesting to see if there are more “holdbacks” than normal in the 2028 group that would ultimately play 2029 next year. Will COVID cause more to look into that option as the 2029’s approach middle school?