Again, my point is that this is an important topic which is why it has its own thread.

But to your question above. I have no idea who is on age or whatever from either of my kids teams. But I do know there are no kids who held back to play on them. At least not yet.

There is gray area in this convo. Many parents don’t send their august baby to kindergarten becuase they feel they are not mature enough or ready. Some just don’t want them to be the youngest kid in the grade. But they certainly aren’t thinking at at 5 “this is really gonna help him in club lax in a few years”.

Of course I’m sure the thought of being the oldest instead of youngest gives them some security or something but it’s a far different convo from those who chose not to go to middle school and redo fifth grade just to reclass for sports. Even then, if your talking about a late summer birthday I can see why parents may do that.

That being said, I personally would not. And if my kid had a birthday in the middle before July I would never consider not sending them to kindergarten either.

But again. There’s a thread for this very important topic. I would love to actually hear about lacrosse teams soon.