Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s not a team event. That’s the difference. Totally different format.

Our sport is so lost. BS national teams and “me” moments teaching kids that it’s all about them.

Keep on turning a blind eye, I’m sure your one of those guys dropping thousands a year on making sure little Johnny feels like he’s the best of the best Becuase he made some special team too.

Good talk.

You will get nowhere with that talk to many. Most of the quarter zip crowd will defend these type of events until around 8/9th/10 grade, depending on how brainwashed they are by Clubs and events.. Then its, why did I do all these ...

Well #1 pretty much all youth sports (beyond rec) is a money grab. People get mad at True Inc. monetizing everything (and I'm not a fan), but we all know it's just transparent in terms of what they are doing. Pay more money for more opportunities. Most clubs/teams/events are too shy to say it.

#2 All the extra events do serve a purpose, especially for the large group of players with natural talent and no discipline who (more or less) refuse to work out independently from 4th-8th grade. How much wall ball or shooting did your son get in, in January when it was 11 degrees outside? It gets them on the field, gets them reps, and Dad pays for it. Making it no different than the rest of club lax.