Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You cannot conflate the two, at least not in this setting. Parents are usually making the call to start their child in kindergarten at a certain age because of their level of readiness not that it might give them a possible advantage in a hypothetical sport they may play in the future.

And age does not automatically give an advantage I’ve seen plenty of younger age squads run older teams right off the field. And the ones that do get held back specifically for sports is typically because their game is missing something.

Your delusional. Its not a hypothetical sport to these families. The parents played it and multiple family members. They are “lacrosse families”! Teething rings are mini lacrosse sticks! They know they want little Johnny playing as well, even if little Johnny Doesn’t want to. He won’t know, as that is what his family does. These families are calculating benefits of extra years way early on. It’s not about size either. It’s about mental maturity and extra year of skills training. Guess what, that kid will be more advanced skill wise and prob. Be on the top teams early on. There is an advantage. They know it! I’ve seen this more than once… that’s why I think youth Lacrosse needs to be age based.

All sports should be age-based.
If you want it any other way, you are a defective and obviously can't compete and need an advantage.
There is no logical defense of class-related sports. It started because of early, middle-school-aged recruiting. Now early recruiting is gone.