Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree take a close look at the sidelines. iI's not only what you see on the field but also what you see off the field the supports the developement of players. Many positives and somethings are questionable.
Can you elaborate? Don’t want to join a club with those negative dynamics…

If I was reading between the lines here I would guess that is referring to parent dynamics. There is no perfect club, my kid has been playing for four years and every year and team is different. Sometimes you get a great group of families and other times you do not—some clubs may have these issues more than others but if they do it usually goes back to poor communication or unrealistic expectations. You will hear many complain about Coaches who have kids on the team but I think that issue is often overblown.

My suggestion is go to a few tryouts talk to the coaches and talk to some of the parents who had kids on the team already, you should get a good feel for what you are signing up for if you get an offer. Also look at past results for those teams, past success or lack thereof may confirm what you get out of those interactions with the coaches and parents.

Lastly take everything you read on this page with a grain of salt, some people on here are just bashing other programs with limited or biased information. It is not uncommon for views on here to be slanted because of bad interactions with opposing parents at a tough fought game, we all root for our kids teams and sometimes in too close proximity and things are said that lead to a perception that this team is full of bad apples which may not always be a fair assessment.