Originally Posted by Anonymous
It'll be interesting to see how teams evolve as COVID diminishes and teams get back to normal.

I agree but I'm not so sure you'll be surprised. TLDR, I think many club rosters are fairly set through 8th grade because COVID has kind of squashed the other avenues for talented new players "showing up from out of nowhere." Big roster changes would likely be a result of coaching drama / hires.

As a coach and parent, the "usual suspects" showing up (#1, The Huge Kid Who Hasn't Played in 2 Years; and #2 The Football Kid Who Has Never Even Seen a Lacrosse Game) have looked particularly bad in the wake of 2 years of COVID. Parents have not really availed themselves of personal coaches, or training up from rec ball (maybe partly because rec ball has been frequently canceled for COVID).

I think this unusual stability moving forward is probably a relief if your kid is on an Elite roster and is happy with his role. Well honestly also if your kid is on a AAA or AA team and he/you are happy with their role. This reality is probably very stressful if you are of the Lax Dad Hardhead variety of "My kid plays A-ball and needs to be the featured attackman on a AAA team immediately!" Because that's going to be hard, moving forward.