Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So you are saying that all of those teams have rostered players who are not eligible under Hoco rules but they are playing in that league? Scandalous!

Not scandalous if you actually knew the rules.

HoCo follows US Lacrosse rules of June 1.

https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/8983-3156974/GHCLC_Spring_2024_Guidelines.pdf

WSYL is September 1 making any HoCo kid born between June 1 and September 1 ineligible for the World Series.

I don’t know why this is so hard. It has to be either ignorance because your kid doesn’t actually play in HoCo or just pot stirring.

Let me break it down for you again,

US Lacrosse run from Baltimore and zero backbone, caters to the Baltimore Private schools and clubs affiliated with them. It set the birthday to June 1 to accommodate all the prefirsts,reclass and holdbacks in private Baltimore schools that are born during the summer. If they did Sept 1 like MD schools do, HOCO would be a rec league. Not being even earlier date, should be considered a victory to age based LOL.

WSYL is attempting to be different and use grade/age based like the majority of school systems do, Sept 1.

We are not going back to true age base, Way to many holdbacks now, not like 10 years ago when holdbacks were a smaller group . Why the silliness of pretending to be age based of June 1 is beyond me.