Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
It's looking like NCAA Spring sports is a 50/50 proposition right now. Do the schools extend another year in the event Spring sports are also cancelled?

It was a really dense idea for the NCAA to grant spring sport athletes from all 4 classes an extra year of eligibility because they missed a majority of their season. By their logic, all of the fall sports athletes now deserve an extra year for missing their season, too And if there is no spring season next year, the same lacrosse players who gained an extra year in April should be able to stockpile a 2nd year of eligibility. How about 3 more years if the cycle repeats itself in 2022? When does this madness stop?

Going to guess that your kid wasn't impacted by this. Typical

Im interested to know how missing the final 8 games last year impacted your daughter? was she a senior? was she tournament bound? or a freshman now scheming on which school to transfer to 4 years from now..

And before you say it didn't impact my daughter it did.. she was a senior on a mid level D-1 team hoping to make their conference playoff.. which is their goal every year. She chose not to stay and recently got a job in her field of study. Only 2 of 8 graduating seniors chose to stay, the rest moved on.. by the way they still haven't had a graduation ceremony and her diploma came in the mail

Not the poster, but I did have an underclass daughter who definitely was effected by missing the final 8- 10 games. Injured early on and had a chance to redshirt but chose to work hard with the chance that she would be able to make it back. She did only to have her first game back and the rest of the season cancelled. So yes , all players could have been effected by the cancellation and are deserving of the extra year.

I do not have a problem with anyone's opinion on the matter. What I have an issue with is the parents of HS sophomores who some how feel that this is unfair to their daughter who has not even scratched the surface of work done by any of these college athletes. My advice to them would be to help their daughter get recruited, get the HS grades required, make a commitment , sign a NLI, get accepted, compete and get the grades to remain on the team before complaining about what they are entitled to.