Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a player redshirted during their college career and was a Red Shirt Senior did those players receive scholarship money for that 5th year ?
If not and you are saying that a current freshman now can get a 5th year with scholarship money it seems unfair to all those kids in the past who missed out on a year due to injury. If my daughter was a freshman this year and was now guaranteed a 5th year I'd be encouraging a major with a 5 year masters.
If you are a senior this year I think it's OK based on the abruptness of it all, but for the rest of the college classes you still have more lacrosse left. You are going to college to get an education first, lacrosse second. You are getting the education. Isn't that the end game?

It’s an unprecedented and unfortunate situation for all athletes/spectators at all levels/sports. Specifically regarding NCAA Women’s lacrosse (and all spring sports) an extra year of eligibility is the right decision. If a senior graduates from said university, but doesn’t want to pursue a master’s at said university, then they should have some choices. What’s the big deal? Yes this does mix up the rosters, playing time, scholarships, etc., but think about the players whose season was cut short that possibly had high hopes and aspirations. Amen to those level headed folks that are not being so selfish. Stay healthy and remain supportive to our less fortunate.