Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment."

I think they should all be given the choice on playing the 5th year but if you do not see the difference between a freshman losing the second half of their year compared to a senior losing the second half of their final year you have no clue. The senior year is a special year for these women who have dedicated and sacrificed so much of themselves to their team and it would be tragic for them if they did not get the choice to finish their lacrosse careers on the field. I can tell you the reaction of the freshman compared to the seniors when they were told the season is cancelled were very different, the freshman were disappointed and were more upset for their senior teammates than themselves , the seniors were devastated .If you don't see the difference you have no idea of the sacrifice these athletes make.

I understand the sacrifice all of the girls make. I played in college, I have one playing in college and one that is committed to play. They all sacrifice. I am all for the seniors getting the option, I am not arguing against it. I would just add the option to all players that lost a year.

My son missed his senior year of HS due to injury, played 6 College games, season cancelled. He was already offered a redshirt year.

Not sure how that’s possible as the NCAA has not decided if that’s actually an option for these players.