Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can you be more of a jaded, jealous POS. I don’t even know who you are talking about but clearly calling out a young woman on a public board shows your lack of class. Your poor children.

Calling out for what? Not being the best player in college lacrosse? We are talking about an adult woman, not a kid. So calm down and take the point like a grown man and stop pouting. In case you forgot what the point is. Here you go again: The highest ranked HS players do not always translate into the highest performing college players. There are plenty of examples of this.

I am not the person you are responding but I agree with the poster. You are a complete POS. Not sure where you are getting your "point" from because I do not believe anyone ever said that the highest ranked HS players "always" become the highest ranked college players. I have read and heard it stated many times that the majority of the highest ranked HS players will disapeer in college. I have read many times that for every highly ranked player that does well there is one that rides the bench. I have read that there are hundreds of players who are over looked but are just as deserving. By highly ranked I believe we are talking about the Top 30 - 40 Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Seniors, The 44 Under Armour Senior All-Americans and The Inside Lacrosse Top 50 Incoming Freshmen Rankings (For the most part it is all of the same players).

From what I can tell These 40 -50 players do pan out and they do very well. Most go to the top 10 -15 Programs. Those Programs tend to be the same every year.

Are there players who do not get recognized by UA or IL that end up doing very well in college? Yes there are. Are there some players who are recognized who do not live up to the hype? Yes. (But the majority do just fine)

Results and numbers do not lie. The college coaches from the best programs seem to Identify the same players as IL and UA. Those programs consistently out perform the programs that do not get the highly touted players. And by the way The programs that bring in the highest "number" of highly touted recruits consistently out perform the programs that bring in fewer highly touted recruits.

If the majority of the top 50 players didn't pan out the programs that tend to get most of them would not be doing very well.

If you are the same person you seem to have an obsession with a particular player and attack her every so often. The player was considered one of the Top 24 players in the country last season and you are still carrying on about her not living up to her HS Ranking. It's idiotic, it's been years it is insane.