Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of you need to take a step back and quit being so self centered and emotional about this. Ultimately, college and high school lacrosse seasons being cut short and/or canceled impacts 8 classes of players - current college seniors all the way down to high school freshman. The exact impact is going to vary from program to program and from player to player.

Current college players lost more than half of their season, so it seems reasonable to grant them all an extra year of eligibility. That does not mean programs will grant them all a 5th year of scholarship money. Does anyone really think coaches will scale back on scholarship money for their top 2022 recruits this fall in order to get one additional year out of a current sophomore on their roster? Or they will risk losing a 2021 they want by lowering the amount of their verbal offer?

The reality is, the players on the margins of a college roster or list of recruits will have fewer options than the top players. Players with parents willing to pay any amount for college will have more options. This is nothing new! Worry about what you can control and adapt as necessary. We're all in this together.

Oh, i think they absolutely will scale back on 2022's for a "known" player (who is currently a sophomore in college). Why wouldn't they? A fifth year contributing player over an "unknown" freshman player? I'd make that choice every time. And, does a current college freshman/sophomore who is barely playing truly "losing" over half the season? The high school sophomore is almost definitely missing the ENTIRE season. So, yea, excuse me for being "self centered" and "emotional". There are a lot of kids who spent a lot of time to be in a position to be recruited and due to no fault of their own, and a potential reaction by the NCAA, will be hindered - and perhaps significantly - by this decision.

Translation: I only care about how this adversely affects me.

darn straight. when i'm trying to put a 2022 through college i can't worry about some current college player missing a year. ncaa should make it senior class only.

Using your logic, those current college players do not need to be concerned about your 2022. A senior has no more right to 4 years of actually playing lacrosse than a Junior, Soph or Frosh. I have a committed 2021, we will support all of the current college players getting equitable treatment.

AND YOUR 21 WILL GET SCREWED OVER IN THE END

Only if they share your "poor me, everything is so unfair" unhinged attitude. Those of us raising our kids to deal with adversity will use this as motivation to work even harder and fit into an unselfish, team first culture. I have a feeling those kids will all end up being ok.