Originally Posted by Anonymous
There has been a fair amount of bander back and forth on this topic. I hope this information can help separate the fact from the fiction.

The HS graduating class of 2015 had the traditional 44 Under Armour All-Americans plus an additional 14 players who were selected to the US U19 Team for a total of 58 Under Armour All-Americans.

Below is how Under Armour class 2015 faired in College:

21 were All-Americans
13 were All-Confereence..... All-ACC, All-Big 10, All-Ivy etc... that is in addition to the players named All-American
as I am sure the AA's were All conference as well.
15 were major contributors to their teams...... Starting and or Playing in every game.
6 were reserve players who saw limited playing time.
2 may have stopped playing due to injury.
1 Transferred to a school that does not currently have a Division I program.

Looks like 49 of the 58 had outstanding college careers. The numbers tell a much different story than what has been told on here by some.

Spelling police.... fared in college, not faired.. : - ) .... Banter , not bander..... ; - )

Oh and by the way several from that class captained their teams.... several were considered for the Tewaaraton Award and if I am not mistaken two from that group won the Tewaaraton Award.

You guys are pathetic . Have not seen anyone say the senior UA players are not successful but you seem to feel it is said often . Your analysis is also misleading, an example being one of the Tewaaraton Award winners was neither a senior UA member nor did she make the actual U19 tournament team , she has been clearly the best player in her class for years but in my opinion did not make the U19 tournament team and was ranked by Inside lacrosse too low because of POLITICS. Had the U19 team taken her they actually would have won .So of those best 60 in the country a third made one of the 6 AA teams , that sounds about right . Or in other words 2/3 of the greatest superstars in high school did not turn out to be superstars in college but most had successful college careers .

At any given time there are most likely more than 180 players competing in the ranks of Division I Women's lacrosse who were named High School Under Armour All-Americans. The IWLCA only selects 48 Division I All-Americans so obviously not all can earn the recognition. Any player who earns All-Conference in The ACC, The Big 10, Ivy is an exceptional player and would be considered a superstar by most. Any player who starts / plays in every game at one of those top 10 - 20 programs is certainly an outstanding player even if not being recognized with an award. So more like 85% have great college careers. The large majority play for the most competitive programs, they do not disappear, they do not ride the bench, they do not quit they tend to do very well. If you are getting on the field in competitive games at a top tier program it is safe to say you are probably pretty darn good.

Perhaps a different way will help you understand how impactful UA players are...At a minimum, Girls Lax team at the D1 level will carry 30 players. Take last year’s 2019 D1 rosters and you construct a team that does not include any UA AA and I will do the same but including only UA AA and perhaps that visual will end this discussion.

Not all UA AA are the same...You take out the top 22 in the UA AA game, I'll take #s 45-66 and i bet on it, it will be a game...All this about the coaches,UA, and IL always right...dont think so...the best programs bring in 8-12 kids, basically all on top lists...coaches hit 3 studs per class, they are set...34 kids on a team, 17 play...that means a lot of top kids never see the field...

Ok, basic math lesson, if all the top teams bring in 8-12 kids and all of them are on the UA team of generally 44 players and only 22 are the difference makers, how in the heck does that work? 2-3 top teams take every single one of the top 22 and none go elsewhere? At least present something that is intelligible.