Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best solution for all is just to NOT give anyone an extra year.

Why? is it because you think your kid will continue to lose playing time?
I have a senior who lost her final semester, lacrosse season and most likely her graduation ceremony.. believe me it was hard.. even though she will be eligible she will most likely not take it. she doesn't play for a team who would have competed for the NCAA title or even a place in the tournament, but they had a shot at their conference playoff.. and for most programs that's the goal.. make your conference playoff, win a game, make the conference final win the conference.. its a lot harder to do then you think.

think about the seniors from North Carolina of Notre Dame.. who had a realistic shot of winning the whole thing.. you're gonna say they dont deserve another shot... please

This situation is not just about lacrosse. It's not about what the players "deserve". A lot of people around the world are going to be dealing with a whole lot of stuff that they don't deserve for a long time to come. Not just the thousands of student athletes impacted, most significantly the seniors.

Allowing a blanket policy of an extra eligible year could cause a huge downstream effect for years, with a bigger impact on post-college plans in sports other than lacrosse. Sports where professional leagues pay millions (Baseball, basketball, hockey).

Or maybe not. I think that once the dust settles, only a small group of lacrosse players and their families will pursue another season. Those who intend to go to grad school, and those who are in contention to do something really special on a nationally competitive scale. Kids/families who are going to pay a big chunk of private school tuition for a 5th year at school, when they could graduate in 4, are unlikely to stick around for another year on a team that is not one of those teams. You say yourself that that is likely to be your decision. And does every coach want every senior back for another year???