Originally Posted by Anonymous
No my daughter is a 2022 and I have a younger too. Both interested in Duke. She is a high level player in her year and plays on top team. but before we spend $$$ on camps and hotels and airfare this is an issue. Or is it. first I here she has to go to camp and is it a money grab, now all this. Sometimes people exaggerate on BOTC but sometimes things are true.

Maybe she is a high level player maybe not, only time will tell. Some parents have a pretty good idea of where their daughter stands while others are very delusional. Women's lacrosse provides tremendous opportunities for our daughters to take advantage of. I do not know of any other sport or activity that even comes close to women's lacrosse in helping our daughters get into many of the best colleges and universities in the country.

If your daughter is truly high end then it doesn't matter if she goes to camps or not. If your daughter can play at a high level but isn't a blue chip player (top 30 - 40 or so) then going to the camp can give her an advantage.

Duke is obviously great school with a very supportive athletic program and the Duke Women's Lacrosse Program has a very rich history. I believe they will right the ship this year and they will be back in the Top 20 at seasons end. Have they fallen off a bit the past few years? Yes, but nobody on here can tell us why. Keep in mind, they finished 21 in the coaches poll last year not exactly terrible.

Best of luck to your daughters I hope they get some love from the Duke coaching staff.