Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not the original poster however how do you think either Notre Dame or Florida would have done if you kept either roster exactly the same but changed the Head Coach ? I am not a Stony Brook fan but that man can coach. I believe Florida or ND would definitely have had a few more wins and a better draw come playoff seating with Spallina at the helm.

"a few more wins" is a big difference than 6 National Championships.

Florida’s best shot was with its incredible inaugural freshman class. When they were juniors/seniors was their chance to get one. Followed by the Gilroy era, still had some kick to them but less of a shot to take a championship. They have not been a serious threat since and creeping in the wrong direction ever since. ND has never been in the conversation to take one, at least from their play and results. They have always sparked “on paper” speculations, but have never been a threat to any top team.

ND has been a threat to every top team but less of a threat to be able to put it together for 3-4 hard games in a row which they need to do to win a ACC or NCAA title . They have beaten some top teams over the years and on paper always look very good but I think it’s a coaching and recruiting issue . It think recruiting wise they have gotten a lot of very highly ranked and regarded players who many other programs have considered over rated and have not developed many players who maybe were not as highly regarded by many into top NCAA players.

Gibberish.

"Gibberish" the go to post of the unaware. If you have nothing to add just say nothing.