Originally Posted by Anonymous
ND Should have won 2-3 Natty Championships over the last 10 years. Same for FL when Gilroy was there. Coaches couldn't coach up the kids when they needed it.

I'm not a fan of the LI/YJ taking liberties type of game, but Spallina coaches up weaker kids every year. He's tough to root for and for that he always gets a tough ncaa draw but he can coach.

Coaching matters in the tournament

Really, ND & Fla should have combined to have won 60% of the National Championships over the past 10 years? Foolish statement.

As far as the Stony Brook coach goes some would say he has under achieved in the playoffs every year. As far as the "NCAA Draw" goes he gets the same as everyone else. The high in-season ranking Stony Brook has received over the years is due to their gaudy regular season record. Come Tournament time their relatively weak regular season schedule impacts their seeding. That said, from what I can tell JS is a very good coach. IMHO and also based on the programs performance during JS's tenure I would say that Stony Brook is one of the Top 15 Programs in the country along with Florida and Notre Dame.