Originally Posted by Anonymous
Umass!!!!

Great win for UMass, BC might be a little too high in polls due to their past performances. I went to Hofstra yesterday and watched a very good game, although a little sloppy at times. I attribute that to first game jitters. Hofstra had USC and let it slip away. Hofstra is no pushover anymore, they have a hammer of a schedule but may surprise some teams. Good luck to all

Was an excellent win for UMass and yes BC way too high a ranking . They will end up 15-20 and possibly out of the top 20 by end of year.
Hofstra is no pushover and they do play a stronger schedule than usual , not sure I would say a hammer schedule lots of cupcakes on it . USC on the other hand I don’t believe plays any teams that will end up being top 10 and possibly none that end up top 20 , Stony Brook will be their most difficult game . To their credit I think coming all the way across the country is a big disadvantage to any team.

Understood, I meant a hammer schedule for Hofstra. USC, Hopkins, Maryland, Boston College, Notre Dame and Stony Brook is a top 20 out of conference schedule. Plus the CAA is not a pushover conference. I know it is not the ACC but it is much better than the Big South, NEC, MAAC etc.