Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess all is well in ESM land. No drama now that they made the county finals. What a difference a week makes. Good luck on Tuesday.

It's not well at all but will be soon, when she's gone! Just being kept quiet until the end of the season.

I just want to know what administration in their right minds would fire a coach who has brought the program to the county championships four years in her five years of coaching!! Just saying!!!

Ok, I'll fill you in. Every administration is obligated to protect the well-being of young girls, and give them ALL a positive, healthy experience, which they're entitled to, without being bullied, and verbally and mentally abused. Based on your post, I know you don't understand, but believe it or not, that's more important than winning. Nobody is saying the new coach can't be tough on them, but you need to know where to draw the line. Our younger ESM girls will be better off with someone who's more positive, even if they win a few less games.

Giving them ALL a positive, healthy experience is what you're saying is not happening at ESM. Well, according to all the alumni present at the game last night in support of the program and the coach, it would seem the three or four missing from the game who apparently are the ones who did not have a positive experience with the coach are the ones you are speaking of. so three or four unhappy kids are going to ruin it for the many past and present who love being a part of this team. I'm sure every team has one or two kids unhappy. Glad my time is just about over here and happy to have had the time I did under this coach and a program she built to what it is now, as hard as that is to admit for you. the younger kids that you seem to be so concerned about are missing out on playing for a great coach and part of a history-making program. It's unfortunate that allegations and accusations can be made just to satisfy an agenda of a past player who maybe didn't get what she thought she deserved or a parent who thought their child should have been a starter. There are three sides to every story. We will agree to disagree here. As far as the coach, she will have no trouble snagging a coaching gig with her successful past record. Just because you say there was bullying, mental abuse, etc., doesn't make it true and the many, many letters, phone calls, and private meetings had with administration have proven you are in the minority. you may be powerful maybe, but definitely in the minority. I'm happy for the coach that so many past and present came and defended her and spoke to and had meetings on her behalf. I wish her well and who ever takes over the program I wish the best of luck, they're going to need it. I hope you can move on with your life after she is gone.
I agree with the above poster. My daughter is an alumni and I would have no problem standing in front of this team, past teams, and future teams and defending BT. Is she tough..yes!! Is she caring ABSOLUTELY!! Does she bully the kids..if you think yelling at a player instead of coddling them when they make mistakes is bullying then I disagree with you. SHe has built a legacy that no other will ever be able to from the moment she put on the ESM colors. My daughter was honoured to play for her and loved all four years she had with her. When she is home from school she along with her past teammates have made it a point to attend every game they can to show their support for their old teammates and to teach the younger ones what it means to be an alumni. They do not wear their college color they were their ESM PRIDE!!! The loudest in the stands!! Move on from your agenda to ruin this coach because your daughter didnt get the time YOU feel she deserved..its not about you!! I wish Coach well if administration is crazy enough to let her go because any school on LI will be lucky to have her...any college would as well!!