Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability and would be given a good run by a lot of the top D2 and D3 teams. The bottom 10 D1 teams this year are-
LIU Brooklyn
Stetson
St Bonnie
Preb
Mercer
St Marys
St Francis
Howard
Gardner Webb
Del State
I wonder if you know how elites you sound? Would you come back on here and "eat crow" next year if any of these teams go above 50? I wonder who your super star is,where does she play or is committed to play? Will she be one of the throngs of those top 20 school, elite, better than them girls that go off to top 20 schools and disappear onto the bench, never to be seen on a field except at a practice as fodder? I'm sure your little darling is getting a full athletic ride to Florida, because she is so much better than the other 29 girls. But here is the truth, you know nothing of the girls going to these "bottom 10 schools", what offers the refused or why. Here's a thought , bottom 10 schools will give a good player a lot of money if they think they can help them get out of the bottom 10, and while your little darling is sitting on the bench at UNC, they will be playing. But at least you can ware the sweatshirt and brag how she's on the roster.

Agree with above poster. Original comment was of ignorance. There are lots of reasons GREAT players turn down top 20 schools. So close minded when make generic statements. Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Michigan, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, BU, Columbia just to name a few not listed in your top 30...must mean not good players right? No, just smarter!!

Reading the original post, the statement is reasonable and certainly more accurate than your replies. If you look at the ratings on Laxpower, which is where the poster took the original data, none of the schools you listed for comparison purposes are in the bottom 50 except Columbia. The post never said the top x schools are better than all the rest. Certainly very good lax players go to all of the 107 programs listed, but they also go to the top D II and D III schools as well. The point was the top programs at those levels could compete with the lower ranked D I schools and by your own logic of good players could go anywhere, it certainly makes sense they could compete. Certainly the top 5 in D II and D III could complete with some of the D I schools. I think that was the point, not trying to put down individual player's abilities and decisions about where to attend college.
The original post said, and I quote "The Bottom 50 D1 teams would have a pretty big fall off in ability". That definitely is a slight to those lower ranked girls. It was pompous, and condescending. Neither reply said anything about D 2 or 3 players.

Below is the original post on the topic at 7:36pm which clearly states below talking about the top 30 programs which means the listed schools above are included in that "big difference" poster is talking about. Again my point is girls chose other schools for all reasons even though they can play with the best. Sorry about the ego blow!
"This is not an attack on any of the players being discussed. I do not know any of them. However, there are 100 plus Division 1 teams out there and not all are created equally.

There is a big difference between being committed to a Top 20 team and a team 30 and below.

Just saying D1 is painting with a very broad brush."