Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am done with Huntington!!!!!! Coach is corrupt and the AD allows it to go on. What are our girls supposed to do when they are being bullied by a coach and no one at the school cares?

Ask ESM

Or just do the American thing and start a ridiculous lawsuit like has been happening at many of the so called strong programs ,at least that is what I have been hearing.

You would not need lawsuits if the issues are dealt with the right way. The problem is bigger than you think it is. First off you have a severe conflict of interest when you have a high school coach who is a director/coach of an outside travel program. Why do you think there are no travel players from outside of the YJ playing for Northport Varsity? Why - because of they want to have a shot at playing varsity they have to play for their varsity coaches travel program.

The second issue you have is hiring the right coaches. Just because someone played the game does not automatically make them a good coach. In many cases due to the teacher's union - coaches are hired from the pool of teachers in that school. This creates another conflict of interest. Are we hiring the best candidate or just the best candidates who applied because they are in the district as a teacher? It is also a conflict because athletic directors don't want to fire teachers who work for them.

Lastly, I am sure this post will receive complaints from the same people who are OK with coaches who use bullying tactics on children and use their influence as coaches as a threat to college careers. It's not about yelling at kids because they make mistakes. It's bullying kids and belittling them on the field in front of their peers, their teammates and their opponents. How about you try coaching them instead of tearing them down? Imagine a teacher ripping a kids head off in math class because she got a question wrong and threatening to call the admissions officer at the college they are applying to "to tell them they are not good enough."

I'm old school and I had tough coaches - however, they were tough - they were not bullies.

Don't forget the conflict of interest for all of the SC refs that are getting paid directly by her at all of her summer tournaments.