Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will it be a problem for KW at Huntington if she brings her daughter up as an 8th grader on varsity next year? Don't other sports utilize this advantage as well? Why doesn't the administration address this so it is not an issue? I am commenting on an earlier post saying that lots of girls are leaving Huntington lacrosse next year due to younger players.

Yes. It will be a problem. It was a problem when her other daughter was on her field hockey/lacrosse teams. There were several incidents that went on regarding in appropriate behavior by KW towards girls who were not necessarily her daughters friends. The school was notified I believe. My daughter was on the teams at this time and luckily was not singled out, but she was very disturbed by some of the things KW did to a few of her players. I think parent coaches are a hit or miss - some are fantastic and others abuse their power to get their kid ahead. Because of this possibility, I don't think parent coaches should ever be allowed to coach HS teams in order to avoid conflict and practice neutrality.