Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Too many girls are being injured because of dangerous follow throughs. Broken fingers, contusions and concussions are clearly on the rise. Refs rarely call it.
If your team won because of the non call I would be careful boasting and calling others names on here. What comes around goes around and your daughter may be next.

Follow along Hop. The DFT was called, and effectively ended the game.

It was the right call. The initial obstruction call on the other hand that negated the first game-tying goal and put the player on the line was not. And it was late.

Hey anonymous. Follow the game and you'll see that shooting space, DFT and obstruction fouls are mishandled every game. The lack of understanding by officials concerning this issue is leading to an increase in injuries.
Btw I don't care about the outcome of the game in question. My comment was pointed at the epidemic of uninformed officials working the games of some of the best teams in the country.
How can you have an obstruction call when the girl proceeds to take a shot (through the obstruction) and then award the shooter a free position. By rule if a player shoots when there is an obstruction the shot is illegal. Watch a game and you'll see how many times that happens.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Spelling

Back of the Cage