Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid is 13 years old (14 can’t be allowed!!) already and is playing in 2028 age group you should be ashamed of yourself!!

But I thought lacrosse isn’t age based? Isn’t is by grade?

Lacrosse wrongly goes by grade not age so the mid Atlantic region has an advantage in school because they have a different school cutoff than NY so some of their kids will be in the correct grade for their region but roughly a year older than some of our kids. On top of that then some hold their kids back before starting school ie, Kindergarten, or 5th/8th grade. No sport is designed for holdbacks but grade based sports reward insane parents who holdback their children.

I don’t understand why this makes people so upset. The statements made about holdbacks are the same ones made for the last 8 years on BOTC. This is not new. That said, would I be in favor of age, 1000%. But who has the power to make that change? The clubs do. PAL tried to go to age and the town directors voted Gongas down about 5 or 6 years ago! So stop blaming parents and start looking at PAL (who says they are for the kids and yet run football on age, lol) and ask your club director. Honestly, if the NLF decided they wanted age, it would change. But we know it won’t change, so move on with things and accept it.

Why complain? Because it’s a forum. They are allowed to complain about something that’s egregiously wrong especially if it’s new to them. If you want to eliminate chronic complaining on forums then you are going to eliminate most forums out there. The system is broken; people gonna complain. A better suggestion would be too stop reading the forums if it bothers you so much.

Fair enough, but in 2028 when your son graduates, there will still be holdbacks and the 2034 forum will be complaining about the same thing. Facts.

Exactly, goes to show you how absurd these holdbacks are! Facts