Originally Posted by Anonymous
Get over the reclass stuff. It is part of the landscape of lacrosse. Is it not? And what is so wrong about giving your son every opportunity the sport can offer.

The last three number 1 players in their respective classes were all holdbacks. And my guess if they were all reclassed well before HS.

So you admit it gives them an advantage over the on age kids but at the same time you want everyone else to give them full credit for being a “baller”. Yeh that’s not happening. You should learn a little about the negative affects, emotionally and psychologically of holding a child back in grammar school. Good luck to your holdback. I wish them full success which would be a scholarship and a 35k a yr job as a pro lax player.

You should focus on the positives and understand a lot these holdbacks happen so much earlier, most just start school late, Any opportunity to help gain entrance to a better college and a perhaps scholarship or not. And I think that is the motivation for holding back.

We know WHY they are doing it. They are exploiting a loophole for personal gain at the expense of others.