Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do yourselves a favor and just read the Maryland board right now and you will see how pervasive this reclass nonsense is. These parents are holding their kids back in school for sports and then puff their chests out when 14 year old Johnny this summer scores against 12 yr olds.

Is that why St John’s wore St Anthony’s like an old hat this spring? Because they’re older?? Haaaaa. You’re a joke.

A joke is a parent making their child repeat a grade for sports.

Maybe so, but college coaches don’t seem to mind… and the reclassed kids tend to dominate…. So, in the end, your kid will work for his kid who goes to Harvard to play lax. But hey, you can feel great about yourself for making little Johnny duke it out with kids a year older

Valid point. Don’t blame the kids or the parents who are smart enough to re-class and dominate kids a year younger. Their kids are going to take the spots to play lacrosse at Duke, Princeton, Yale, etc. Facts are the facts and the kids who are playing down are simply better on average than the kids playing on age. Again, blame the system which I would agree is flawed for not doing it by age. But you really can’t blame the parents. They’re the smartest ones in the room. And my kid is not held back, too late. Already in seventh grade I wouldn’t do that at this point as much as I would like to give him an advantage.