Originally Posted by Anonymous
please take note, there are plenty of good ole boys from Maryland on the Maryland lacrosse teams. Because it is a great place to live and learn, they stay local.

Look at the rosters from Hofstra and Stony Brook. You have to rely on kids from CT,NJ,MA and Canada, etc. You almost never get a blue chip player to stay on Wrong Island, why do you think that is?

Just saying.......................but I will admit Wrong Island does rule D2 and D3 lax, you know where phyical play is considered more important than moving the ball. footballax
I have to disagree with this The only reason why L.I. schools do not dominate N.C.A.A. lax is because the kids here choose to leave to go to the better schools. If you look at the rosters from Prinston , Brown Cornell MIT etc.. they are littered with kids from L.I. These are kids that don't go to prep schools like MD. lax. they are mostly from public schools with good enough grades to go to Ivy and top ties schools. It shows that they are smart enough to look beyond the game, and get the education. No offense to the MD. schools , but I'd rather my kid at Harvard then Maryland, even if she never wins a DI title. And lastly , the top players from both mens and womans lax came from L.I. Shannon Smith, and Nicky Galasso.