Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guys give them ther due maryland does have good teams to play. The differance is they concentrate on one ELITE team where if we did that on the island everyone is up in arms. Learn from MD the gifted kids should play together and the kids who work hard and want to play up have a goal to shoot at. There is no team on the island with the exception of the express who can play with the crabs. The express also will have a hard time with them. Lacrosse on the island is a money making buisness and there are too many teams competeing at AA. If we combined teams and had better AA teams on the island and concentrate on better competition for everyone else to raise there skills it would be a win win. Just a thought

Totaly agree with this statement.... Although my son is a 2019, I feel that the elite teams need to consistently look to play each other, whether in tournaments or leagues.... I've said on another post that I respect the express for joining NYPLL. This is the type of league that needs to be brought to the Island. My thoughts would be, NYPLL is equivalent to the NCAA. The Maryland teams would be in the "ACC" conference. Long Island teams would be considered the "Big East". Upstate New [lacrosse] and Western Mass teams would be the "NEC". You would have to play at a consistent level in order to stay in the league. This would be a win/win for both the organizations and the more dedicated players. We can learn from Maryland which is why the 2019 Dune Dawgs are playing in two tournaments in Maryland this upcoming summer...... Only looking to play the best!!!!

Don't kid yourself, you'll end up playing another LI team in the finals. There are only a handfull of competitive teams you will encounter at the young ages and there not in md. Until you play u-13 your just kidding yourself with all the self hype, that's when crabs, dukes, clams start to care.

Not kidding myself... No self hype, just trying to challenge the kids at an early age. If the crabs, dukes, loonies, are not serious until U-13, where are are they going to pick the kids from? Kids that are currently playing U-11. Another thing, intentionally looked for tournaments where LI have teams have not really played in the past. This goes back to the CageSage reference discussing what you should be looking for in team(organization) selection. If you are paying money to play on a travel team, you should make sure that your organization selects the most appropriate tournaments for your team. One of the tourneys we are registered to play will have teams from Central NY, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, Virgina, as well as the Maryland teams....