Originally Posted by Anonymous
??. 2015 is 2015. Those kids are in HS as freshman and can not play on U15 teams this summer

Unless they're from MD. Then they will drive themselves to the u-15 games....

Give it a rest. Do the U15 Crabs often have kids who have repeated 8th? Yes - some of these kids would normally be 2015 kids.

But saying that everyone in MD is a year older is beyond an exaggeration. Get over yourself.

Now your admitting it, wow! "crabs often have kids that repeated 8th grade" if that's not playing DOWN, what is? In any legit tournament the rules state that if you have kids that are over the age cut off, they must play in the next bracket UP... Hence your team should be playing U-16 or U17 depending on the event. Here in LI that means 2015, 2014 or 2013 bracket. Only problem for you guys is the other teams will be the same age. No more advantage.

1. "you're", not "your".

2. Are you really that stupid? I'm not a Crabs parent, but while it's weird how MIAA families like to reapeat 8th grade in order to be bigger on the field, they are not breaking any rules. U15 states the kid must be born after 9/1/98, so even if their roster consists of kids who have repeated a year, they are not breaking any rules for a U15 division.

YOU'RE missing the point Mr. English teacher. Clearly, if you repeat eight grade there is a good chance you're older than the 9/1/96 cut off. Not only that, the kid now has an additional year of competition under his belt. He will now be playing primarily against younger less expierenced players. So when a team loaded with kids who should be playing 2015 play other real 2016 teams they look all world. Anyway you look at it's BS. By the way. What kind of sick degenerate parent has their kid repeat eight grade for an edge in lacrosse? This makes the nut jobs who hold their kid back a year from starting school look normal...

Wrong. Most kids who just finished 8th grade were born in 1998. Those who may have repeated are born in 1997. It is U15, so those kids who may have repeated are still eligible.

Stop tilting at windmills. I would never have my son repeat a grade, but it happens all the time in other sports: basketball, football, hockey, etc. The only people I've ever seen complain about it are Long Island lacrosse parents.