Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is st. John the baptist.

Education
Lax
SJB education is second to none. I have a kid there that plays varsity lax. Because of the way the diocesan high schools are set up the will never be able to compete with St A. or Cham. an lax. Great academics, send your kid if you can. he can make up the recruiting in the summer

What is it about "the way the diocesan high schools are set up" that SJB could never compete with St. A or Cham? I'm new to the Catholic school scene. Please shed some more light on why the setup makes it so that the duopoly of St A's and Chaminade can't be broken into. You can have an army standing on the sidelines but the reality is you only need 15 really good ones to compete in HS where subs are rarely made except at middie. Thanks.
If you have never been to St A. OR Cham. You should visit. Truly the most amazing commitment to athletics. St.A . Has a gym that is easily 3/5th of the school, and Cham.'s new complex is amazing. both with world class training facilities. Cham. has also been the hallmark for finer education (if your kid can get in, very high standards). With that being said, they are both independently run (not by the Diocese of Rockville center). where as SJB and Holy Trinity are. Suffice it to say that SJB and HT are traditional catholic schools. Now with that being said, being independent they are free to higher any coach the please, and put tuition monies to use in any way they see fit. SJB and HT must ask to diocese, and they put a much higher standard on academics.
I know this is a boys thread , but the topic surfaced so Let me put my 2 cents in about the girls team. Coached by a former Adelphi player, and current L.I.Wave coach, and that is clearly where her localities are. She has 5 or six players from the wave on the team and they play all the time. If your kid doesn't want to play at Adelphi or on the Wave she will be shunned. She does not know how to teach a girl to defend. Worst of al,l all she does is yell at the girls, and after a loss this year at Kellenberg she made her team line up on the field and run sprints on the opposing teams field in front of everyone.