Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's sad that it comes down to who you know and not how well you perform in everything you do. Really hurts a lot of kids!!! Why not teach kids the right thing, to work hard instead of always having parents weaseling to make the "right connections". Much better to help kids learn perserverance and to work hard than to know "who's-who in the corporate world" or any world for that matter. Very sad that every move is so calculated in many parents. Just enjoy life and teach our young what is right.....WORK FOR IT!!!

Thankfully I've seen that the manipulation ends on the high school team (club teams will alway be prone to it) - if anything it backfires and sets a kid back in the high school program. The JV and varsity coaches in our school don't want to hear the opinions of the parents and have written emails to all the parents not to even try. They are very aware of who the manipulators are (their reputations are not a well kept secret, especially if they've had an older kid go through the program) and have called out several of them in a fairly public way. You don't want to be on the wrong side of that conversation.

I believe what you're saying is true in the public schools for sure... I can only go by what I've heard, but the political BS is worse in the catholic school, than even the club teams. Now you're dealing with big money donors and alumni relationships. A very powerfull thing to overcome. However, if your son is a true super star, you're set. Everyone wants to win!