Response to a post on the Express Forum...

"Yeah, I guess there's no reason to show a little loyalty to kids/parents who played for you/paid good money.

There's no issue if the Express (or any club) forms a new team with new tryouts. The issue is poaching players from other clubs DURING THE SEASON and kicking your existing players to the curb.

Doesn't matter - damage is done. The Express leadership has revealed itself to be a bunch of scumbags."

Since when does trying to put a great team together make the Expess leadership scumbags? They will not kick existing players to the curb...unlike the fl$ and most other programs the Express will have at least three teams in the 2016 grade and there will be a spot for everybody. There are new kids that show up for tryouts every year and in every grade - 2016 is no different than any other grade. If these new kids are just better than the existing Orange kids, then...they are just better and some kids will have to drop down. In all of the other grades that have multiple teams the Express Orange is known to be the best. Why muddy the landscape now with "Barracudas"...just keep it simple...Orange will still be the team with the best 22-24 players, Blue will have the next best group and White for the remainder. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. It sounds like the current 2016 Orange team would become the Blue team for next year and so forth...I don't see why this is a problem...If better kids show up for the Express tryouts then they deserve to be on the best team...at this age it has nothing to do with loyalty...it has to do with putting the best 22-24 kids out there. I'm sure not all of the current Barracudas would make the team in a real open tryout...there may be one or two fl$, Maverik, Express Orange, Bandit or other kids that show up that were overlooked or not known about when the Barracudas were formed that are better than some of the Barracuda kids. The bottom 10-15% of kids on almost every club at every grade always turns over. There is no reason to think the Barracudas will be immune from the inevitable roster changes to make the team stronger from year to year. The question is, will the 2012 edition of the Cudas come from the overall Express tryout pool or will they be picked again by one father. I hope the former...