Summer travel lacrosse is NOT all about playing on the top super select team for most kids. Only some kids can play at that level. If you take a look at the top teams in any grade from each of the top four or five clubs, your only looking at maybe 100 plus kids. That's a very small percentage of the overall number of kids that play lacrosse in that grade across all of Long Island. Has got to be less than 2 or 3 percent of all the kids. Meaning that all those other kids need a place to play summer lacrosse. If they want to try and get better and play with the other 2 or 3 percent, they have got to play summer somewhere. These B and C teams that everyone likes to call "money makers" are where all the other 97+ percent of the kids play. Let me inform you, these kids play just as hard as the A team kids and work their tails off. They love the sport just as much as everyone else. By the way, from my experience many of these kids will be starting right along side of the other kids on many of your town middle school, JV and Varsity teams. Why? Because they played summer ball, worked hard and earned a spot. All summer ball should be about is getting better, before 9th grade. After that it matters for recruiting.
No, I'm not part of any club, just a parent.