Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the takeaway is do Juniors over UA 150?

I would say do neither. Take the 1k$ split that into two college I’d camps. Can’t convince me otherwise these days that the only people who should do these types of showcases are the kids on lower ranked club teams that get very little colleges watching them play.

Definitely Juniors over UA150! The top D1 coaches were at Juniors. You just have to be realistic about kids talent. If not D1 level, don’t waste your money here.

How do we know if our kid is D1 level?

detest to say it, but if you aren't getting interest by now, your daughter probably isn't. After President's Cup, your recruiting director should have shared which school were at least somewhat interested and wanted you to attend their prospect days. I

Be very careful who you listen to, (I would not listen to the above advise).

The college coaches will let you and your daughter know what level they believe your daughter is at. Do not rely on "recruiting directors" "club directors" "HS Coaches" etc...

Let the college coaches determine for themselves if they believe your daughter can play for them.

Your job is to do your best to make sure that your daughter gets in front of as many college coaches as possible.

Your daughters job is to do the best she can when she is playing.

Both you and your daughter must make the coaches aware of who your daughter is and that she has sincere interest in the coaches school and their lacrosse program.

Remember this:

* No coach gets all the players that they want.

* The "recruiting process" will go on for some time.

* The process is fluid, the landscape changes constantly. Every time a player commits coaches from other programs reevaluate their lists.

* There will be many rounds of players committing.

* Stay positive and help your daughter to do the same.

Sorry but if you don't listen to your recruiting directors, then you will end up wasting thousands of additional $$. Having a connected recruiting director is the number one reason to pay big $$ for a top club.

Given how the college recruiting process is managed through intermediaries until Sept. 1, then you are fool not to listen to the ones who cn actually talk to college colleges. You shouldn't be attending a summer prospect day if you haven't already received positive feedback from those schools

The kids who don't get offers are often the ones who are targeting top 25 schools, despite not getting any positive feedback from these schools before Sept 1.