Originally Posted by Anonymous
You think coaches have 2025 list of recruits set? I can’t believe that. I think they probably have ideas or who they want but you think they’ve seen everyone already?

LOL, did you see every available human being before you got married? Coaches don't compile an unlimited list of players at each position. If they only intend to take two or three middies that list isn't going to be massive. If they only intend to take one goalie that list position isn't going to be more than 6 or seven deep.

It won't be 6 or 7 deep in July. Probably closer to 15. Then 5 or so get contacts, maybe 2 or 3 get visits. And then an offer to the first with the next 2 on standby

That's the point. Six or seven deep now means wasting resources to be eight, nine or ten in line. Unless there's incredible talent in the kid, they aren't suddenly going to hop others who've been to repeated camps and in front of the same coaches. That's why some need to be tossed into the reach category at this point and the majority of the effort needs to be elsewhere.

I would assume all the kids are on the same coaches list. I know on my daughter’s team, all the kids want to go to the same schools.

Every girl on the team wanting to go UNC, MD, BC etc, doesn't mean every girl is anywhere near the recruit list for those teams.

That’s it the schools I was talking about. But thank you Kreskin.