Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a question. Why don’t some club coaches tell you if a school is interested? I think it would be more beneficial to know if “School A, B and C” reached out therefore you can attend their camps.

We've wondered the same thing, and have an idea why. My kid switched clubs, for the better in every aspect, this past fall. The new club has a recruiting coordinator who is also her team coach. We have been non-stop on emails, 90+ for a few tournaments, 40 or so for the rest. She has gotten looks, we've seen the coaches.

To get to the point... the first time she spoke to the club RC she was asked for a Top 10 list and what she considered her "reach" schools. One of her reach schools has an assistant that trained her from the start while she was at a school near us as an assistant coach. She knows my kid, has seen her play and train, and even coached her at a showcase in the fall.That school also has an assistant that the RC knows very well. When my daughter said that school was a reach the RC immediately went into heavy question mode about why it was considered a reach, etc. Since then, they've talked again and the RC has suggested several schools to remove from her list because they are "higher tier schools and probably have their 2025 list in her position set." But, all of these schools have been consistently ranked lower than the school she keeps bringing up and reminding her to keep on the top of her list.

Does this mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. We can only think of two reasons why the RC isn't talking but still pushing the school.... One, there is minimal interest, nothing to get excited over. Or two, there is enough interest that she doesn't want my kid to completely focus on one school and miss other potential opportunities. That's where a stand, we don't know squat about contact but we do know some of the schools that have shown up to watch her play.