Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the most part, it's best of time is split as evenly as possible unless the coach knows, for a fact, that a particular college coach is watching a specific player on the roster. In those kinds of cases, that player should get increased time for that game

I think you are wrong. In the fall they look for athletes and express general interest. Athletes that are average and have good skills dont get indentified. Next summer they come back and look closer at those targets, In the fall the average athletes and not elite lax players get recruited by mid to lower D1. Play your starters and top kids and make sure coaches put players in where they can be successful in front of coaches. Syracuse is not recruiting all 20+ players on your team. They need to see the best before they leave at halftime to watch other players on other clubs.

Reality is for the top schools, how you play in tourneys is less important. For them, its all about how you play at their camps. When they go to tourneys, they are pretty much just looking for girls to invite to camps.

For instance, I know every offer NW made last year was to girls who went to their camps over the past year.

Every NW 24 commit went to either their summer or winter camp. That's 100% true.

I know a girl that went to zero camps, didnt play all summer either. Recruited from last fall by the top teams.
Top teams will try for best players even if they didnt attend a camp but have a great eval of her.

I know a girl who never picked up a stick and got recruited to a top team.

The 2 girls I know of played in Maryland on the top team. One was an Acl injury and the other did no school camps. Who is the girl you know ?