Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Equal" playing time for the showcases is a complete joke and a disservice to the girls that are actually recruitable. Every club coach would definitely prefer to win games and to do so they would put the best players on the field to achieve that goal. If your daughter is not breaking the starting lineup of your club team, its a pretty clear indication that top 25, or even D1 is not a realistic fit for her to play lacrosse. Everyone says "oh, winning doesn't matter in these years." Not true. You win, you theoretically should move up into the rankings, play against better competition in higher brackets in tournaments where certainly the higher level college coaches flock to. If you don't believe this, next tournament go watch CT. Grizzlies vs. M&D and check out the sideline lined with coaches, then go to Elevate vs. Phantastics...ghost town. Not saying either of those teams (and just randomly picked those two, can insert whatever team...) don't have a few good recruitable girls, but overall its a different level of talent.

This is ridiculous. Some D3 and and ranked d2 teams can beat low end d1 teams and there’s a lot of them. To say a kid who isn’t breaking into the starting lineup can’t play d1 just shows that you have no idea what you’re talking about. My daughter starts on a top 10 team and the person who plays the least at her position (#6 on the depth chart and plays half the game) will certainly be recruited to a top 50-75 team. As well as #1 who plays 60% of the game will be in the Top 5. No doubt about it.

“A disservice to the players…”. LMAO. Everyone of my daughters games this year was attended by 20-35 college coaches. UNC was at everyone of them. You know who else was at everyone of them. BU. The 100th ranked team in the country. Bottom d1 teams need to get players as well.

Guarantee this is the parent who was ranting up and down the sidelines about going away from what makes us win in Dallas.

And your point about M&D vs Grizzlies makes my point for me. You think the sixth best midfielder on M&D isn’t getting recruited to a top 50 school? She is. And guess what. She needs to play to be seen. Yes the 6th best player on the Belles isn’t getting recruited d1. But if you are a top 50 program kids need to be seen. It’s not just about your daughter.