Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought I was being smart because we don’t have a lot of time to hit up individual schools we would do this showcases and get exposure to lots of coaches. My daughter still can’t pinpoint where she wants to go so we can’t visit specific schools and do camps yet. I just don’t have the time. I guess lesson learned. After this summer I am done with showcases. This entire process is such a business I almost feel like she shouldn’t play in college frown

Don’t get discouraged. You DO NOT need to do those extra showcases to get recruited to play college lacrosse. We have lots of friends who just did their team tournaments and the school camps after they received interest from the schools. Many of them are recruited now to play D1 lacrosse. smile

There are 127 D1 schools that offer women’s lacrosse, And, over 500 total colleges with women’s lacrosse programs! If your daughter wants to play in college, stay positive and she probably can. You do not need the showcases! You do need to set up a good sports recruit profile and be diligent about self marketing all her highlights and accomplishments! Good Luck!